U10 Laws of the Games - Modified Rules
* Minutes per Half: 25
* One Field with 6 Field Players and a Goalkeeper.
* Minimum players to start: 5 per field
* Ball size #4
New Rule: Build Up Line; There will be a line approximently 14 yards from each end line that stretches the width of the field. Whenever the goal keeper receives the ball in his hands, all opposing players must leave the Build Out area, allowing the goal keeper to roll the ball to one of his team mates within the Build Up area. Goal Keepers are no longer allowed to kick /punt the ball from their hands.This is for U10 Only.
Field of Play:
* One field approximately 47 yards wide x 30 yards long
* Goals are to be 6 Feet Tall x 18.5 Feet Wide-7 Feet Tall x 21 Feet Wide.
* Center Cirle is to be a 10 yard radius
* Substitutions are allowed during the following stoppages of play (Your Teams Throw-In, Either Teams Goal Kick, Any Kick-Off, Before the Start of the Second Half, and Injury)
* In the event of an illegal throw-in the other team is given the ball to throw-in.
* The 6-second rule does apply.
* However, goalkeepers that walk around the Penalty Area for an extended amount of time shall be encouraged to place the ball in play prior to enforcing this rule.
* All Free Kicks (including Kick-Offs) are to be Indirect Free Kicks.
* A goal cannot be scored directly from an Indirect Free Kick.
* The Referee shall raise one arm into the air above their head and keep it raised until a second player touches the ball. The second player touching the ball may be from either team.
* If the goalkeeper forgets this rule, and tries to play the ball, resulting in it deflecting off of him/her into their own goal it will count as a goal since a second player touched the ball.
* Offsides will be called per the FIFA Laws of the Game.
* The Under 10 Recreational Division does not have penalty kicks.
* All Free Kicks in the Under 10 Recreational Division are to be Indirect Free Kicks.
Exceptions for Hot Conditions:
* On excessively hot days (i.e. 100 degrees or more) the coaches may agree to convert the game from 2 halves to either 3 periods or 4 quarters as they deem appropriate.
* No games shall be rescheduled due to excessive heat.
* Games cancelled due to a rainout will be rescheduled to the SRYSL Rainout weekend in November.
* No more than 2 games cancelled due to a rainout will be rescheduled.
* Rainouts above and beyond 2 games will not be replayed.
* Coaches may not reschedule their own games due to rainout.
U12: Same rules with U12 and above, with one new change. U12 will now play with 8 players and a goalie one a smaller field ( 75x47) with smaller goals (same size as U10).